Spring is finally here. The sun is out, flowers are blooming, and people are wearing less clothes. That’s great and all but it also means allergy season has come upon us.
I suffer from severe tree pollen allergies. It almost took me out of commission when I traveled to Hawaii. I don’t exactly know from what (my guess were palm trees), but I suffered the same symptoms as I would have during the spring in New York City. After taking a Claritin, I felt better and was able to enjoy my stay there.
Sometimes, taking anti-histamines aren’t enough for the job.
I know because I still have itchy eyes, runny nose, itching in the ears, scratchy throat, and sneezing. A lot of sneezing.
Usually, I’d get hit with some fever in mid-April, but since the weather has been rather…uncooperative lately, it seems that my hay fever will be late.
Anyway, enough about allergies.
I had a photo shoot on Saturday, April 29, and it was successful (I think).
We walked around West Village and all the way to East Village, ending up in Chinatown.
I met her in front of Magnolia Bakery and walked down over to Grove Street and took some photos of her.
I kept talking to her throughout the shoots and got to know her on a more personal level — after all, models are people, too!
All-in-all, I took over 500 photos. I think it was a success, but I did make a couple of mistakes:
- Not changing my lens back to auto-focus from manual. (I changed to manual for a couple of shots to try and frame her face in between tulips from afar, and completely forgot to change them back.)
- Opening up my film camera to change the film without having rewound it.
- Not having scouted enough locations beforehand.
- Not taking temperature into consideration, re: Mood board.
With these in mind, I’ll be sure to have a much more tighter photo shoot next time.
- Canon T6i
- 18-55mm (f/3.5-5.6)
- 55-250mm (f/4-5.6) — I hardly ever use this
- 50mm Prime (f/1.8)
- 24mm Prime (f/2.8)
- 40mm Prime (f/2.8) — I hardly ever use this.
- Canon AE-1 (50mm Prime)
- Kodak 400TX
- Amazon Photography Backpack
- Neewer Multi Disc Light Reflector
- Neewer LED Light